Thursday, June 2, 2011

Preparing for the Worst - Song Reference

Pursuing spiritual growth can be easy during the day, but when the night arrives, it's difficult to maintain this commitment.  This song  addresses this, while recognizing the trials we experience can lead us home.  The key line in this song, which I want to emphasize, is "But I know the trials that come my way are what I prepared for in that day." When the night comes, we have the training during the day to help us through, and God will always be there.

As the light fades from the day
The joy it caused now drifts away
Does the night weigh down my eyes
Obscure the hope now in disguise?

Cause all that I’ve done before I arrived here
Does all of it just disappear?

Cause now that I’m here do I regret all that I’ve done?
Now that I’m here will I forget what made me strong?
Can all my mistakes and all of my faults lead me back home?
To find my way back home

And as the night fades into dawn
Will all the guilt of the dark be gone?
And as regret leaves a heavy cloud
I pray the good is not lost in the shroud

Cause all that I’ve done to bring me this far
Do my failures change all that they are?

Lord I know I turned away
When the night replaced the day
But I know the trials that come my way
Are what I prepared for in that day

Cause now that I am here can I see what needs to be done?
Now that I’m here, do I trust He who made me strong?
Cause all of these trials and all my mistakes lead me back home
To find my way back home

Always remember that when we feel covered by darkness, God’s light will always shine.  He is there even in the night, just as the sun does not disappear at dark.  When we hold on to His light while it is hard to see, we will come out stronger.  Never lose sight when the days fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment