Thursday, June 2, 2011

Looking Back, Moving Forward

The entries I have posted up to this point were all from before I started this blog and were already distributed to the worship team.  I encourage those who have not read them to give them a look, and feel free to leave comments.  The comments section is for any statement you have regarding the topic, a personal testimony (if you feel comfortable), or another verse you find relevant.  If you have yet to read it, go through any one of these and leave a note if you feel led; if you have read them and already have thoughts on it, please type them up.

Also, be sure to read the introduction, which is the first post and features a mission statement and a thorough description of the purpose of this series.  Here is the list of entries up to this post:
Introduction - A Call To Worship
Entry # 1 - The Awesome God We Praise / Scripture References
Entry #2 - Nobody's Perfect, But God Is! / How To Be Perfect . . . With God's Help
Entry #3 - Slowing Down . . . / Scripture References
Entry # 4 - Preparing For The Worse / Song Reference
Going forward, I will try to add another entry weekly or bi-weekly.  In the meantime, I welcome discussions and other input.  These entries are meant to inspire the reader to see how each one relates to his or her life.  The writing process for me is an outlet to confess areas in my life where I feel I need to improve; your role is to determine what applies to you.  I encourage you to primarily look at the biblical references and search for others not listed, because this is how we grow and God's word is always the most important guide to righteous living.  I promise to always verify that my blogs stay true to the scriptures and I will include references.  It's what I was trained to do as an English major.

I pray that God can use this blog for His glory and that my words flow from Him.  I pray that its purpose will be accomplished in accordance with His will.  I pray that those who read these entries and the passages will be effected by it, that God would be glorified.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment